Friday, June 3, 2022

5 thing Friday - beer, cute dress, tacos, yard, work

Last weekend started off sweet with a couple of beers and long talks with an old college roomie.
Before you know it, three hours had passed!  We sat outside so we could chat, but its nice that they had live music for the happy hour crowd.  It was a shot in the arm for me to just sit and talk with a friend.
The Girl came over on Saturday and helped me finish cleaning the gutters (BLESS HER) and brought me a dress she was intending to return to Target.  But it fits me and was super comfy and felt cute!  So now its mine!
I took my comfy and cute self* to a brewery for Saturday lunch - puffy tacos and cold IPA at this place Mark and I had visited long ago.  The name has changed but the beer was good and lunch was tacos which can never be wrong.
On Sunday I scattered more grass seed in the back and fired up the sprinklers.  I'm pleased that the yard seems to be recovering from 5 years of us ignoring it.  Go me.  For so many things.
Memorial Day was like any other day, truly.  I got up, ate breakfast, showered, went to work for 8 hours, came home and made dinner, emptied the dishwasher, ran a load of laundry, ate, and watched the rest of a show on Netflix before bed. 
I have no idea what my peeps did.
I guess this is the new normal at my house for such holidays.
Happy June!


Gina 

*trying, really trying, to give myself into a little more love when I look in the mirror...

3 comments:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

You most definitely should give yourself some more love when you look in the mirror, because you look adorable! That dress is super cute, and perfect for summer. I had no plans whatsoever on Memorial Day. I hardly even realized that it was a holiday.

Anonymous said...

You look cute in that dress! It’s very flattering! Your lawn looks amazing too! Have a great week!
Susan

mireille said...

I love how the dress looks on you and it's really cute with sneakers. We are working on improving our yard little by little. It takes a while.
www.chzemireillefashiontravelmom.com