Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Art from the ordinary

I downloaded an app to my phone that makes your photos into watercolors.  They're just ordinary photos, but the app makes them really pretty!
Now such an app is nothing new - it was just fun to play with.  These photos are all from Instagram posts of mine of Highlands.
I picked these scenes to play around with because I knew the colors would turn out so pretty.  And I wanted to fill a space in the den bookcase with something besides candles...
I picked the one of the swing to print.  Its bittersweet to look at the picture of an empty swing for two at Highlands, but a true reminder of the many happy times I sat there with Mark, talking about life, watching the sun set.
A couple of months ago I made and printed one as a wedding gift for Scout and Dutch.  You can't see her face, true, but you do see a deep and joyous hug.  I might make another one for them with a picture of her wiping a tear of joy from her eyes - so sweet.
Not so ordinary after all.


Gina

*the one I used is called QniPaint, and its free, but there are many!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you mind saying what the name of the app is? They are beautiful pictures.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I have the Waterlogue app that does the same thing, but I find the end result is not quite as sharp as the one that you used. I am going to download the app that you used and compared the two. It is a lot of fun seeing how pretty and soft pictures look when they are manipulated using such an app.