Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Mother's Day 2022

 There are a couple of people who like to text me around holidays and other special occasions with something along the lines of 'I hope you are doing as best you can and I know this is tough for you and the day is full of mixed emotions for you and your kids (?) and a time to honor loving bonds but you can't do that because your husband died and after all, its a family day'*
I'm paraphrasing here...


Since I think its $hitty to send someone such tone deaf messages, I think I will start sending this poop emoji as a response.  Because those people are poopers.  Just gonna lay this riiight here....
******
Anyhoodle.
Mother's Day was just fine.  I got called in to work, which I basically knew would happen.  But just as I hung up the phone, The Girl appeared bearing gifts!  Tacos from Rudy's, a pistachio latte from Starbuck's, a cross stitch bookmark kit, a cute cat planter with a cactus, and some very very cute cacti that she knitted:
She is so crafty!  My sweet girlie  (:  I felt loved. 
I had a really nice day, overall.  Made some Oatmeal Bombs for my weekday breakfasts:
Caught up on some chores.  Took a nap.  Did a little cross stitch.  Drank some wine with my dinner, which by the way, was delish:
Mole Pork Enchiladas and a salad with avocado and purple onion!
I even called my own Mother, who by the way is also a widow and she still likes being recognized on Mother's Day...and I had time to do a mani/pedi.  
Leftover cake was also enjoyed!
This was from our Friday Happy Hour dinner.  So good!
I even played with my Cricut a little bit - its been so long since I used it that I forgot how...oh well!
The boys are usually a little late with Mother's Day, and I chalk it up to A. Them being men, and B. Not having their significant other nag them, which I guess is good?  Scout promised me a loaf of fresh banana bread and Firstborn did an oil change for me on Saturday.  And Bubbie even sent me a text saying "thanks for everything you do!".   All in all, a good weekend.
Family doing well.  Life moving on.
Happy Belated Mother's Day!


Gina


*some clarification:  My kids did not lose me, so celebrating me on Mother's Day causes them zero stress as I am not dead...  Its not a family day, it's literally MOTHER's Day.  And no Mark is not here, but I'm sure he would be OK with the kids honoring me.  

2 comments:

Cathy W said...

What a very strange message to send to you. I can see a "thinking of you and your family" on Father's day but just...WOW! Sometimes when I get those unhelpful messages I just assume the person meant well and just didn't write it well! We can hope anyway!

If you haven't found the What's Your Grief community on Instagram, you might look them up. It's a good community @whatsyourgrief

Cathy

Kim said...

The cacti are darling! Your daughter is very talented. Those would be the perfect Mother's Day gift for me since I'm not very good at watering. And I think your emoji choice sounds appropriate. It must be very frustrating to get those kinds of messages...