Wednesday, May 18, 2022

A fun Saturday stopover

Not all of my free time on the weekends is spent working on a long list of chores and projects.  Although I feel like I did get a lot done last weekend, I also found time to stop at this cute shop:
You could miss Bertram if you blinked while you drove through...but it really is a charming wide spot in the road, and the people there seem very friendly.  I had been wanting to revisit this shop - I stopped by last December and purchased a cute antique doily for The Girl.
You step inside and it takes you a minute to un-mesmerize yourself so you can explore.
The very friendly co-owner offered me a glass of Spanish Tinto de Roja and some snacks as it was Sip and Shop Saturday.  I had a great time looking at absolutely everything.  As I strolled around I couldn't help thinking that Mark would have loved this and of course, he would have chatted up the owners for quite awhile.
The lady who owns the shop also does classes where she teaches stained glass mosaics and fused glass, and she has example of her work all over the shop.  She sells handmade soaps, antique needlework and crochet, jewelry, tee shirts... I may have purchased some items for Christmas gifts...
There's a little courtyard in back where her husband has set up a succulent paradise.  Some of them he gets from a nursery, others he propagates.  He also has a beautiful Black Spanish grapevine out here and is learning to make wine - can't wait to try it.  There was also a thrift shop around the corner where I found two cute summer tops and a Christmas ornament for a whopping $4.  {they were serving cookies and STW beer - what a coincidence as that was also one of my Saturday plans} I think I will start making Bertram a quick stop when I'm headed to Highlands!


Gina

2 comments:

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

What an amazing shop! You could definitely get lost in there for a long time . . . in a good way! I love these little independent shops and look for them especially now in our economy as I want to support them as much as possible.

Lynda said...

What a colorful shop! I love your pictures, you are a very talented photographer.