Friday, May 13, 2022

5 thing Friday - crystals, Friday, cute shoes, enchiladas, security

I ordered a couple of these big crystals from Amazon: 
I hung them with extra strong fishing line - one in my room and one in the kitchen.  Unfortunately, the one in my room doesn't catch enough sunlight what with all of the trees.  But I still love to gaze at it, and as the earth moves and the seasons change, I may well get some rainbows.
A metaphor for my life right now.
My turn to host Happy Hour Friday tonight and maybe I can convince Teddy to hop into my lap.  We are having burgers and tots with a bottle of wine.  I am so looking forward to the weekend.  Its been a brutal week.
Please enjoy this selfie of me asking The Girl what she thinks of these shoes.
I've had them a couple of years and have worn them once or twice.  I need to get some sundresses for the cute wedge sandals I own and WEAR THEM while I can.  It may as well be summer here - its in the low 90's - I want to dress fun.
I made Walnut Enchiladas last night and serve them with a nice salad with avocado.  They were so good!  Next time I will grind the walnuts a little more so they aren't as noticeable.  I subbed green enchilada sauce for the red, and monterrey jack for the cheddar.  I never even noticed the missing beef or chicken.
This month's Big Project was getting the alarm system up and running.  Mark and I never had anyone come out and check it or update it or cypher out why it was randomly sending out warning beeps.  It hasn't been monitored for years, tho we were faithfully paying the alarm permit. He unplugged it and intended to try to figure that out, and the rest is history.  It was pricey to update a 26 year old system and this keypad is obnoxious at night (I have a plan for that), but its one more thing crossed off the list and gives me a little more peace of mind.
Happy Weekend,


Gina

1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I’m so glad that you made and enjoyed the walnut enchiladas. I thought they were good too, and, like you, I will chop those walnuts a bit more fine. Still, I did not miss the meat and thought they were delicious.