Friday, May 6, 2022

5 thing Friday - hearts, sewing room, front room nook, jewelry, mowing

Another set of hearts for IFAQH:
I really need to step up my game though.  I've seen some really pretty ones on Insta and Facebook, not to mention their blog.  I've got the materials and the time and its very fun to leave them somewhere then see them disappear!
I bought a pretty desk mat that looks like an antique rug.  I love the colors.  It adds so much pretty to my desk and acts as a giant coaster and mouse pad as well. It inspired me to re-cover my chair cushion: 
Clearance fabric for the win!  This has a pretty dimensional chenille stripe.
My sewing room is definitely my sanctuary!
 I also bought this from Amazon:
No more digging out the thread box.  This is located just above my sewing table and I think it looks something like art! {I know it looks dark in here, but with the overhead light or the lamps its juuussst fiiinnne.}
What to do with this corner?  Originally I wanted to move the furniture around and add a chair and lamp here.  I moved the framed fabric from behind the sofa when I bought that new canvas piece.  One of these days I may get two matching floor lamps for this room and one could definitely sit here.
I have an appointment coming up with a company that refashions your jewelry into something you will wear.  These cufflinks belonged to Hubby's dad and I don't think they will ever again get used for their intended purpose.  I don't know the back story, but I do know that I will pass all of my jewelry on to my peeps and these will be a reimagined part of the collection.  There are several other pieces to refashion - can't wait to see what they suggest!
On Sunday morning I mowed and edged - by today it needs doing again.  I can see why Mark complained so much about mowing* - its a huge chore.  But sitting here by my window I see the yard perking up and looking so green and am thankful once more for this house and this yard.  
Chore or not.


Gina

*Let's be fair - I did years and years of chores that were no fun either: cooking, shopping, laundry, etc, etc.  Its all perspective, right?

3 comments:

Cathy W said...

I love the hearts!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I love your table mat. I have been looking for one of those, although not at all colorful because I could too easily lose track of my beads. I admire the work that you’ve done on your sewing room. I seem to be in a quandary over a couple of rooms in my house, at the moment, about ready to move things around in the conservatory. I just can’t seem to get that room right.

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

So happy to hear that you are making hearts, too....someone sent me a request to check out the site and I hopped right on it....such a fun idea. I will make ore this summer as I started with only 10....one has been reported so far.....its fun to hide them!