Monday, May 16, 2022

Empty Nest menu #119

 What happens when you overbuy groceries, still thinking you are cooking for two is...
...you can cook from what you already have the next week or so.

Monday - Shrimp Salad on toasted bun, low salt chips
Tuesday - Chicken Breast cubes with Lemon Feta Rosemary Potatoes, peas
Wednesday - Taco Mac for one, corn, salad {doc appt in a.m.}
Thursday - Mexican Tilapia with onions and peppers, risotto {OFF, attic day!}
Friday - Happy Hour at The Girl's apartment {OFF, Spur Jewelry at 3 p.m., pay off the truck}
Saturday - TBD {oil change on the truck early then I work 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.}
Sunday - Grilled Pork Chop, zucchini, twice baked potato {mobile mower maintenance guy is coming}


Gina

1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

The shrimp salad and Mexican tilapia both sound delicious! I had to laugh at this post because my husband will be gone six years in June and I am STILL over buying food, vegetables in particular. I don’t know what makes me think I can eat as many vegetables as I buy. Another thing is that I’ve noticed as I’ve gotten older, I just don’t want to cook every day. So, while I may have certain recipes in mind, the reality is that often I just don’t make them.