Wednesday, May 4, 2022

To wine or not to wine?

 I know I have mentioned this before, but wine club pick-ups don't have the same feel that they did in the past.  Even though I love the wineries and the people we know there. {ditto for the brewery we frequented}
Last weekend I took two of my peeps to one of my favorites.
It was a beautiful day - the sun was out, the music was great, the wine wonderful as always, the burgers tasty.  What's not to love?  My sister and BIL joined us a bit late, and we didn't stay long after we finished our bottle.
We really enjoyed the tasting among the vines.  The teeny tiny grape flowers smell amazing!
A couple of silly selfies were taken.  We had such a great spot under the trees outside of the tank room.
And enjoyed petting the winery cat.
******
But everything about it feels like the shine is off.  Mark would have loved everything about this pick-up party and I'm sure we would have stayed longer, even though the day was quite warm.  I can imagine us leaving mid-afternoon and heading back to Highlands to sit in our lounge chairs a while, build a firepit, and make dinner on the camp stove before watching the sun go down.  And I feel a little sad when I think that it will never be that way again.  
So what do I do?  Keep the wine clubs and just accept the different vibes or move on and find something else to do?


Gina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina my heart goes out to you. This was something you shared together. Perhaps along with missing Mark you are missing seeing the enjoyment he experienced. Maybe a break just to see if you miss the experience just for yourself. You're walking a new path.

Lynda W said...

It's got to break your heart a little when the "shine" wears off activities. I also vote for at least taking a break and keeping your eyes peeled for something different.