Monday, March 15, 2021

Empty Nest Menu #81

So many leaves have fallen just after the ice storm and not all of them are brown.  I hope all of the trees will recover.  I think my shrubs are toast.

Monday - Grilled Chicken Quarter, Brussels sprouts, 1/2 a twice baked potato
Tuesday - Tilapia with zucchini {off, taking my mother to eye doc}
Wednesday - Crockpot White Beans with ham hock, cilantro and chopped onion
Thursday - Turkey Eggplant Parmesan, corn
Friday - Buttermilk Chicken, green beans
Saturday - Grill at Highlands {its another work weekend at Highlands}
Sunday - Take out {we will make a healthy choice!}
******
We are following some pretty straightforward rules for our healthy eating plan: 
adding in more mornings of oats, more beans, veggies to include okra and eggplant, apples/grapes/citrus fruits, nuts, and fatty fish. I am also planning our lunches so that we stay on track.  Servings are smaller and snack options are totally different.  I have stopped using creamer in my coffee and religiously take my vitamins every day, including fish oil, calcium, and biotin.  We are also cutting back on beer (whomp whomp), rice, bread, pasta, and potatoes.  I already feel better and have lost one pound.  (:


Gina

No comments: