Friday, March 12, 2021

5 thing Friday - Spring mantel, ornament, hair, stitching, leaves

 I put a few spring-y things out here and there in advance of Easter.
Including this bouquet of flowers which cost me $5 from Dollar Tree.
I already had the vase, the floral foam, and some moss.  That birdhouse was an impulse buy years and years ago at Home Goods.  I made the fabric banner.  
Things that make me scratch my head - this veeerrry breakable ornament not only got missed as I packed up the Christmas tree, but the entire tree was moved twice, including a not-so-gentle trip down the tall step leading into the garage!  (Was Christmas really almost 3 mos ago?)
Its getting there, settling down.  But I'm still wearing scrub caps to work.
I did a lot of cross stitching a few weeks ago - Will share some of the completed work soon.  This was a sweet pattern I recreated from something I saw on Pinterest, I think.  I don't have near enough time to spend stitching anymore.
It seems silly to complain about the yearly drudge with raking.  I mean, I love our trees.  Camp Rustown has several large oaks.
But my goodness, March brings such a CHORE.  The leaf piles are like snowdrifts and they have to be gathered up, or it becomes a compacted, rotting mess and the grass will suffocate.  I buy many, many yard bags and it takes me hours and hours and seems like it will never end, until magically, its April and it finally does.
Happy Weekend!


Gina

2 comments:

evelynthayer said...

The flowers are beautiful. I am so amazed how far along they have come in making them look so real.
Your hair looks really pretty. ( I know you said in a previous post to think about how you feel, but it really does look great on you! :) Love you're stitching <3 I call my stitching my therapy lol. Have a great day. :)

evelynthayer said...

I forgot to mention...the banner you made is adorable. :)