Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Weekend re-cap: wine club pick-ups

We started out our Saturday fun at Fiesta Winery in Bend. 
Pick-up party day with BBQ (nope, didn't take a pic) and wine, of course.  Had we not skipped breakfast in favor of getting out of the house on time, I might have shown you the brisket, potato salad, brisket green beans, and sauce on my plate.  It was gone in a flash!
This winery is putting Buckee's style bathrooms in just off the tasting room.  I'm all for progress, but the bigger the winery, in my limited experience, is not always the better.  I'm not one for crowds.  We'll see how it goes.  The owner stopped and chatted with us at length about their new resort and all of the features.  It sounds amazing.  He wants me to write the article up!
It was still early - 3ish - so we moseyed over to a winery nearby - Stoneledge.
We bought a 2017 Sangiovese and asked if we could sit outside over near the ledge since no one else was out there.  {who wants to sit inside when you can be the only ones out on the ledge?}
Cloudy skies did nothing to discourage us.  I bought Hubby a cigar to enjoy out there and he was quite pleased!  It was so peaceful.
Afterwards, we headed to Highlands to grill, but it started looking more and more like rain so we used the gas stove to fix boneless pork chops and asparagus.
We even managed to enjoy a firepit before bedtime.  We also played cards and ate popcorn.  I lost many times...
The next day we headed to Esperanza in Blanco.  The only pic I took was of this pretty boho style wind chime in her tasting room.  The food was fun, the company was friendly, and we had a very nice visit.  But we were feeling the wine, so it was time to cut the afternoon short!
At home, Firstborn stopped by for a haircut, so Hubby got one, too.  Then I fixed a skillet pasta and meatball concoction with fresh bell pepper.  For dessert I made two: 
one person cookies
1 T flour
1 T brown sugar
1 T white sugar
1 T butter
splash milk
scant amount of vanilla
pinch baking soda
1 T mini chocolate chips
Bake at 350 for 12-13 minutes
******
They aren't on the diet, but they ended the weekend on a sweet note!


Gina

No comments: