Friday, March 19, 2021

5 thing Friday - shopping, sunset, Easter flowers, meal planning, gardening

I've been good about staying out of Kohl's since Christmas, but I had to drop off a box for an Amazon return and couldn't help but look around...
I found big rolls of gift wrap for $1.79 each,
a cute sleeveless dress for summer {that I will wear with my new sandals!}
and these bright cotton tees to put in an Easter basket for my mother.
Nothing extravagant, but it was a fun 30 minutes of shopping.
The time change means that once again I am able to enjoy a sunset as I walk to my car in the evenings.  I'm not a fan of it being dark outside at 7 a.m., but trade offs must be made!
I made another Dollar Tree arrangement, this one for the dining table.  I stuck the branches into foam, put a dab of hot glue on it, set it in a vase.  Covered the foam as best I could with moss filler, and topped off with pretty plastic Easter eggs.  Decidedly thrifty.  Prettier in person.
The bunny salt and pepper shakers approve.  Now I need to get some chargers or a couple of table runners, plan a menu, find out who is coming to Easter dinner...
Meal planning has taken on a life of its own!  Whatever keeps me on track, I say.  I plan breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including weekends.  I shop once a week and whatever I forget to buy doesn't get bought.  We are eating better and consequently, our grocery costs have gone up.
I saw this raised container and thought "that's exactly what we will need at Highlands".  It will be in an area surrounded by fence, of course, but so much easier on the back to tend!  Plus, no wood to rot.  I envision spacing them out with mulch underneath and between the rows.  Might as well plan on investing in a wood chipper with all of the cedar we will be cutting down...


Gina

Shared with:

No comments: