Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Taking a break

 I'm going to take a little break on the blog until after sometime after the start of the new year.  Not that I have a huge readership to tell.  But maybe I state it mostly for me!  The rest of December will be earmarked for just making it through the dull days that follow Christmas.  I am ready for a new year to begin, even if nothing much changes in the world overnight.
I will be slowly making my way through all of my Christmas candy, one small treat at a time, as I sit and work on the crossword puzzle pages my mother bundled up for me from the Houston Chronicle.  Goodness there is a lot of sugar in this house!  Not only did I bake treats to set out, but so did LA and Bubbie's girlfriend.  Plus, a Colin Street fruitcake may have hopped into my cart while grocery shopping on Monday {half off - how could I not?}
Happy New Year to you reading this!
See you then,


Gina

2 comments:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

As one of your devoted readers, I will miss you, but I completely understand. I also understand about all of the sugar in the house. Egad, how did that happen?! ;-) Happy New Year to you and yours.

Kim said...

I hope you've been enjoying your days away from the computer and wish you and your family nothing but good health and blessing in the new year.