Monday, December 28, 2020

Slightly Less Empty Nest Menu #71

Something comforting to me during this strange time: a quilt my mother let me choose from her collection.  The name of it is "Peony" and it has this quirky Christmas wreath print on the back.  My mother says she labored over the quilting, which seems very detailed, and it is one of the last applique quilts she has made, due to the difficulty.  I love it and am wrapping myself in it nightly, just like a child would do.
Monday - Bruschetta Meatloaf, baked potatoes, fresh veggie*
Tuesday - Tilapia, fresh veggie, garlic toast
Wednesday - Pot of beans with smoked ham hock, corn muffins
Thursday - Sausage Hashbrown Casserole, fruit
Friday - Swedish Ham Balls, cabbage, black eyed peas, rolls, leftover birthday cake, bubbly {I leave for work at 2:30 p.m.}
Saturday - Crockpot Apricot Chicken over rice, fresh veggie
Sunday - Who knows.  Probably a leftovers smorgasbord.
*fresh veggies this week will be an assortment of kale, zucchini, bell peppers, carrots, green beans, brussels sprouts

Happy New Year!

Gina

1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Bruschetta Meatloaf and Sausage Hashbrown Casserole both sound so yummy! Come to think of it, so do the ham balls -- I have a lot of ham leftover. You upcoming week sounds delicious!