Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Thanksgiving 2020

Those 5 days I had off at Thanksgiving went by in a bluuurrrr. But it was a happy one!  The day before, I cooked the turkey, got the sides prepped, helped The Girl make an apple pie and cranberry bars, ate pizza, drank wine...and just generally enjoyed the day at home!
  The next morning we headed over to a neighborhood park to walk the track in a virtual 5K Turkey Trot to benefit Caritas of Austin.  And yes, Hubby took the walk seriously, while The Girl and I played with Teddy along the trails in the park!
Did I take any pics of my peeps?  No.  I took a pic of the table, then I put my phone back down and went on with my day.  It was lovely and there was a LOT of very good food!  We had a firepit.  We met LA's daughter and Bubbie's new-ish girlfriend.  Played games. Ate desserts.  Listened to music.
Friday was rainy, and Hubby and I sneaked off to a couple of breweries on our own.  A chicken schnitzel sammie was also enjoyed at brewery #1.
And brewery #2 was on the way home, so we stopped in there for a bit.  Much as we love wineries, there's something to be said for a great craft beer!
When we got home, we had pulled pork that I had going in the crock pot.  I might have made enough food to feed an army.  A lot of it went into my freezer, and my future self will thank me.
A few decorations got put up.  And Hubby was bummed about not getting a real tree.  But maybe next year things will go back to normal.  For now I love that we didn't traipse over acres of stumps and fire ant mounds to find the perfect tree in drizzly December weather with 5000 of our closest friends...
On Sunday we got up early-ish and  said our goodbyes to The Girl.  Hubby helped Bubbie with a car issue while I did some housework.  Then we sent youngest back off to college and headed to Georgetown to pick up something Hubby ordered on-line (the season of subterfuge begins...), ate a delish Mexican lunch, then headed to Highlands to secure some pipes ahead of the first hard freeze of the season. 
We had some visitors in the pasture behind us - this one isn't sure she likes the looks of me...We enjoyed a firepit, had a bottle of very good wine, and just relaxed before heading home to dinner and early bedtimes.
And now its day three of "back to the grind", but I am so happy I had that time last week to nest, and cook, and see my peeps.  It was a real boost for me!


Gina

No comments: