Friday, December 18, 2020

5 thing Friday - tacos, 12 Fox, Christmas decor, books, Hubby

Once again...no particular order...
Hubby and I enjoy having our free choice eating days on the weekends, but I feel like that probably needs to change after the first of the year.  Both of us need to focus on being healthy!  He will (eventually?) need to fit back into his work pants and I am going to be learning a new thing or two at work (stay tuned).
But this new taco place in Liberty Hill was a great stop for a recent weekend lunch.  Grilled chicken tacos made with handmade tortillas and Mexican street corn!  I mean, are tacos really all that unhealthy?  Please say no.
The scene from the porch at 12 Fox and the beer - two really good things about Sunday evening.  There might also have been live music and a friendly brewery dog wandering about.
For some reason, this was the only pic I took of the ornaments I made for the wineries that we are members of.  I found the large plastic balls at Michael's, pulled the corks out of my massive collection, added some greenery or sparkly bits, and added a bow and hanger.  It was a very fun little art project - easy to do and inexpensive and all of them acted like it was a treasure!
I swear I am done decorating my house. And P.S., next year I am going to do it up bigger.  {I figure we will have a lot to celebrate.  That's my hope.}
I truly am, but I added these berry and bell picks to the mantle swag because I saw them in JoAnn and loved them.  Incidentally, that swag is actually two garlands wired together.
The reindeer in the bookcase love them, too.
We visited the Esperanza Winery tasting room on Saturday and marveled at all of the winemaker's books.  She has such a cozy place!  It's like an antique shop/library reading room/wine bar.  I borrowed an epic book - Texas, by James Michener.  Take it one chapter at a time was her advice to me.  That's pretty great life advice too, I'd say.
Things Hubby loves: his bling, his Santa hat, the color red, this leather vest, me. 
Not in that exact order.


Gina
 

1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Tacos! Dining out! I miss these things so much. You know what I also miss? All of the holiday decor in the shops and restaurants at this time of the year. Generally nothing is more festive than Main Street in our town, but I haven't even driven down it this year. What a bummer!