Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Christmas 2020 treats

On Saturday, I bounded into the kitchen like a deranged elf and spent a few hours making Christmas treats.  My plan was to have been done with all of it by Monday and I was waaay ahead of the game.  Some of the treats didn't turn out quite as planned and I was feeling 2020ish about it, but then I put them all on a pretty plate and thought "I actually did GOOD".
I scrubbed the kitchen down and called it done.
The cookie tray is our traditional dessert for Christmas Eve , since we have a birthday cake for Bubbie on Christmas Day.  {and as long as I'm his mother he will get a birthday that is separate and apart from Christmas!}  I made NINE different treats for Christmas - some of them going into containers to give as gifts, others to place on this tray.
Notice the brown triangles in the middle of the container?  Those were supposed to be gingerbread cookies, but I ran out of Crisco and subbed butter, then I realized I did not have quite enough flour.  I forged on and made some very delicious ginger thins!  After I filled these containers I decorated them with stickers and To/From tags.
The above containers are for my peeps to take home with them!  All in all, a morning well-spent.  But next year I will take stock of:
*what pantry baking supplies I need to replenish
*how much time I want to spend on my feet in the kitchen at any one time
*containers I need (some of these are from when Hubby and I delivered meals for Easter and are not all that festive...)
Have you finished all your Christmas baking yet?


Gina
 

No comments: