Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Mini holiday re-cap, 2020

I took pitifully few pics at Christmastime.  
My heart wasn't really into it.  I did the best I could with all the things:  shopping, wrapping, decorating, cooking, spending time with my friends and family, working.  But I am over these "blue" holidays.  
On Christmas Eve we gathered for fun around the firepit, some winter sangria, and a delish meal.  With us were Firstborn and LA, The Girl, Bubbie.  
I set the gifts out that morning.  There were many more by the time we had all gathered together!  And next year we will have a bigger tree for this space!
I set the table in a very simple way.  Everything tasted wonderful and there were zero leftovers of that overnight mac and cheese from Ina Garten.  It was to die for!  Next time I make it (Easter?) I will post about it.  We had Spiral sliced ham, Arkansas green beans, rolls, and loads of Christmas cookies, too.
We sat out by the firepit - don't let the sunshine fool you - it was quite chilly!
The Girl bundled up with Teddy to stay warm.
We enjoyed some dark beer and socializing.
Hubby was deep in convo here with The Girl.
We opened Secret Santa gifts after dinner and had a great time!
The next morning we gathered again, to open our main gifts and eat brunch before I headed off to work.   
Bubbie's friend, Delilah, joined us for a while.  We had a good time just hanging out together.  I had a crockpot going with Hamburger Soup and the house smelled so good...it was hard to leave but my shift went by fast.
The next day we ordered pizza and celebrated Bubbie turning 22.  He and Delilah and Hubby watched a movie and I putseyed around.  It was a quiet end to two days of full-on family time. New Year's Day I worked again, and most of us were in bed early on NYE.  We were over 2020.  And now we are in January and Christmas seems far away!


Gina

No comments: