Friday, January 22, 2021

5 thing Friday - snow, pumpkin, wreath, thrive, Highlands

Remember that Sunday it snowed in Austin?
It cracks me up that people think it doesn't snow in Texas.  Its maybe rare for Central Texas, but when I was growing up in Lubbock, it was a regular winter thing.   Remember:  TEXAS IS BIG.
Since it was a Sunday, and we were fairly homebound, I broke out the two cans of pumpkin leftover from Thanksgiving and made some treats.  One loaf of pumpkin bread to eat, warm with butter, one for the freezer,
...and a pie for dessert.
I also made a "new" wreath for the front door, using my deconstructed Christmas wreath.  I will leave the wintery greenery up until at least mid-February.  It still fits the season and is so pretty.  Not to mention free since I had everything for it already.
My word of the year is thrive.
Its not enough for me to just survive.  "Survive" feels dismal.  Thrive feels forward-moving.  I ordered this brass and sterling tag from The Vintage Pearl, along with a cranberry pearl drop.  I try to remind myself everyday that I want to move forward in joy.  Sad is not ok.
Hubby and I were at Highlands last weekend for the first time in many weeks.  It was both unfamiliar yet felt like home all at the same time.  Weird.  We had a campfire, made a delish pasta dinner, putseyed around, napped in our lounge chairs, ate late breakfast and lunch, and just generally decompressed.
God willing, we will do it again this weekend!


Gina

No comments: