Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Firstborn's birthday last weekend

I have moved away from sharing and talking about my peeps on this blog - they are mostly grown now and it feels weird to share what my adult "kids" are up to.  But we saw Firstborn and LA last weekend and it was fun to hang out with them and treat them to some beer and food trailer eats in Driftwood.
The menu was wurst and curly fries - a super healthy  way to celebrate your 31st birthday.
{that can't be right - he's 31??}
We also enjoyed some mead.  Oh, and did I mention there were a lot of fries?
Hubby stopped by a favorite cigar shop that morning and bought Firstborn a couple of stogies.
I think he had a good time hanging out with us.
I regret not getting a pic of LA!  {but you notice, there's no pics of me, either...} She brought along some tiny dominoes and we sat under gray skies, sipping beer and mead, playing games, and having a good time.
They remind us of us way back when - young and poor and in love and making it through this crazy world we are living in.  Staying grounded and thankful and not-so-socially distant with family.  I hope they keep moving in the right direction!


Gina

No comments: