Friday, January 15, 2021

5 thing Friday - recycled food, flip flops, Covid shot, friends, learning new things

Hubby likes to say that I recycle food.  I guess that's true...  I made a delightful pasta supper with leftover bits of ham, half a package of pasta I found in the pantry, the rest of a crab cheese ball, and the  pesto dip I fixed for NYE.
I browned the ham bits first, then tossed them in.  It was amazing.
With some Christmas monies from my mother, I bought myself a few things here and there, including these flip flops which I practically live in when the weather is warm.  I know its December - today might be cold, but tomorrow will be warm.  Welcome to crazy Central Texas weather!
My first Covid shot seemed like not really a big deal.  The whole set-up at our hospital was orderly and friendly.  My arm hurt for a couple of hours, but I took Motrin at home and didn't notice anything the next day.  HOWEVER, the second shot had a little less than a 24 hour latent effect with malaise, chills, and flushing/fever and a sore arm.  Not fun.  But its over.  Only time will tell if these vaccines work.
I took a pretty tote with Christmas goodies to my friend Carol a couple of  weekends ago.  We met at a winery and had a nice time sitting on their sunny patio and talking about everything.  One of my resolutions for the year will be to meet up with her more often.  I've been bad about making time to spend with friends.  That would be a good thing to do in 2021, pandemic be damned.
I volunteer myself for things at work that I feel like very few people care about.  Like this Kudos board.  Its meant as a way to leave a positive note to a co-worker.  {The one next to it has stars and everyone's name} If I didn't do it, no one would, and its cheery in the hallway.  But I am learning something new at work and won't really have time for such things - time to move forward.  
That's how January makes me feel - get moving!!


Gina

No comments: