Friday, December 4, 2020

Christmas kitchen

I really didn't put out a lot of Christmas in the kitchen this year - there was less time to fuss over it and I needed open spaces to create!  Plus, I didn't want to buy anything new.  {Maybe that's just a symptom of being over this year!}
But simple is the way to go, especially in a small space!
I try to leave it looking just like this (sans the lit candle) when I leave every day.  I think it makes for a nicer transition from work to dinner for both Hubby and I.  
Along with a few other things, I did set out the Santa that MIL gave us many, many years ago.  He always holds candy canes.  There are less people to eat said canes, but they will find their way onto gifts and such, too.
Hubby and I enjoy a hot cuppa at the end of the evening, so I set up a station right by the coffee machines.  This year I added an LED candle on a timer, mini marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, dissolveable candy cane sticks, and some fruit teas.  Redi-Whip is in the fridge! If I need to move this tray for prep space or whatever, that's easily done.
Since I sit at the kitchen table to make out my lists, the containers and recipes for homemade treats are currently living on the window seat.  But not for long - I have plans to get started on it this weekend.  Some of it will stay at home for us, the rest will be for gifts.  This year I am making:
Cranberry Chocolate Fudge
Fig Cookies
Crispix Chocolate Bliss (recipe off the box)
and another batch of Crispix Mix

I might also make one other Christmas treat for the cookie tray we set out on Christmas Eve, but I feel like this is a good start.  My little kitchen may not be fancy, but it will be a clean and happy place for me to make some fun treats!


Gina

1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Thanks for this bit of holiday inspiration, Gina, and for telling me through this post that it is okay to not want to do much by way of holiday decorating. I am just not into it in a BIG way. I still have fall stuff to carry downstairs and I really don't even want to bother. I will, but I won't like it.