Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Hot Chocolate station is ready for action!

School is out for Winter Break!  And hopefully, the weather will soon go back to feeling wintry.  With that in mind, I set up the hot chocolate station right next to the coffee pots in the kitchen.  This was an idea I got from Angie at Echoes of Laughter.
I gathered my supplies: a serving tray from Academy (about $2), Snapware from Dollar Tree, mini marshmallows, packets of hot chocolate and apple cider, cinnamon, and those melty candy canes - great in a hot mug of coffee or cocoa!
The small snap jar will be perfect for cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on top of hot drinks.  I mixed about a cup of sugar with a tablespoon or so of cinnamon.   *Be sure you wash your containers first in hot soapy water, then dry**
These candy canes can also be found at Wal-mart sometimes - I got these at Dollar Tree.  They had a bunch of them at the registers and were pushing them - I figure three packs will last approximately three weeks with my peeps drinking cocoa every day!
 Everything fit nicely on the tray, and I even had room for some extra stirrers and mugs.
 The marshmallows will stay fresh and look festive, plus you could pour them.  Win!
 Ditto for storing the peppermint sticks, and this container was the perfect size.  These mint sticks get melty and chewy in hot drinks.  Yum.
 A small metal pail holds the instant packs.
I spent about $8 on it and have lots of marshmallows and cinnamon left to use, plus, we can set this up again next year. Such a cheery addition to the kitchen counter!  
Santa, bring us some cold weather next week!





Shared with:
http://hopestudios.blogspot.com/2013/12/tutorial-tuesday_24.html

No comments: