Friday, February 24, 2023

5 thing Friday - home, work, wax tart burner, wine, laundry

Sometimes I pause in the mornings and say goodbye to my house before I leave for the day.  {The Google lady usually responds "have a good day, Gina" in a monotone voice...}
I clean the kitchen counters off, blow out that candle, load or start the dishwasher, then head out into the world, with the intention of making the most of my day and doing my best.
Then hours later, I am spent.
And I know I could start some new healthy habits to help me move thru the day a little better, and I will.  But my schedule is about to change, so I will wait until then to reassess. 
Me - in a late day surgery case, waiting on one of the evening crew people to relieve me.
I used to use electric wax tart warmers, which are probably far safer, but the glow from the ones that require tea lights does double duty - soft candle glow and a beautiful scent.  Had I known this one was further marked to 56 cents I would have bought all of the ones I saw.  It smells divine!
Even a self-professed wine lover sometimes gives in to the cheap stuff.  It lasts a loooong time, and I can leave the pricey bottles tucked safely away in my wine fridge.  I do enjoy a glass of wine while I make dinner.
Unapologetically me.
Today I will make a decision about this room.  No one has slept in it for over a year.  It does not have to stay a guest room.  And I think it would make a perfect sewing and crafts room, with the bonus of my office being a little less cramped.  I may not have this luxury in the future, especially if I downsize.  Why not create a sewing room?  No reason, I say.  Stay tuned.
Inspired by a post about tee shirts on another blog, I made a sweep of my closet and decided to define my clothes style.  I like comfort, and things that fit and flatter.  I love a good jeans and tee shirt combo with comfy clogs or sandals.  Simple dresses, Flip flops. Basics.  So I ordered myself some reasonably priced tees, a couple of sports bras to wear under those sleeveless tops that I love, and a tee shirt dress.  I also bought 5 new scrub tops for the new hospital, some new markers, and a pair of shoes for days off.
Turns out February was a spendy month!
My closet/dressing room is one of my favorite spaces, and it doesn't have to be complicated or jam-packed, but I do want to get the most use out of what I have.
My sister and I spent 5 hours cleaning my mother's house last weekend and still couldn't get everything done.  It was clear to us that no housekeeping had been done for months.  I took home two rugs and two sheet sets to clean, since she will not let us use her dryer and the clothes line was FULL.  I can't be driving back and forth to Brenham to do her laundry so we talked about her maybe doing one load every couple of days, forecast be damned.  And really, she needs to hire someone local to come help her.  All good things to remember and think on when I am in her position some day...


Gina 

No comments: