Monday, February 6, 2023

Monday Menus #6

Week two of omeprazole for gastritis*.
Its improving, not totally gone. 
Interestingly, the doc said that spicy foods do not matter all that much, which I can understand.  Its the acid pumps that need to be turned off, not the spicy food.  That being said, here are some mild dinners without much spice:

Monday - Pan Fried Tilapia, (freezer) El Dorado rice, brussels sprouts
Tuesday - (freezer) Ham Balls**, mashed potatoes, peas and carrots
Wednesday - Bean and Veggie Taco Bowl {brown rice, (freezer) Frijoles Charritos, cheese, bell pepper, green onion, mild salsa}
Thursday - Chicken thigh/sweet potato/onion skillet
Friday - Grilled Cheese Sandwich, lentil and bowtie soup 
Saturday - Out {wine club pick-up at Perissos for lunch}
Sunday - Salmon Patty, brussels sprouts, baked potato


Gina

*never ask "what else can go wrong"...
**I have decided to retire this recipe!  I passed the recipe card on to The Girl.  It was a family tradition, but now it is time for me to make new traditions!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Just wanted to say thank you for the quilted heart info. I have a huge fabric and trim stash and it is the perfect way to use some of it up! I love the idea of "planting" the hearts for others to find. I did that yesterday, after leaving an appointment for a second mammogram, to check out a concerning previous one. I got the "nothing's changed, see you in 6 months for your regular check" that I was hoping to hear. I was so thankful and decided to celebrate by hopefully lifting the spirits of someone else who needs some encouragement.
I am a widow as well; after all this time (12 years) I still experience the unexpected waves of grief at times and have to remind myself we had so many (39) good years together. Keep moving forward as you are, it does get more bearable with time.