Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Ornament Exchange fun!

Recently I participated in a handmade ornament exchange - I don't usually have good luck with these things - my partner forgets me altogether or never tells me they got the package.  (I like feedback!)  But this year it was a lot of fun!  Claire hosted the exchange and I got Sarah.  When I chatted with her via email, she said: "I am a New England girl but I truly don't like the cold or snow, LOL.   When my kids get a little bit older, I plan on traveling with them during our colder months to somewhere warmer.  At least, that's my plan for now."  
How ironic - this was the ornament I made:
 She laughed and said it was a hit at her house.  Her girls took it to bed with them to snuggle - I should have sent her more than one!  She's been under the weather, so it took a while for her to send mine.  I completely understand.  But when I received it - wow!  Loved it!
 It's a little wreath made of felt and wool scraps with buttons.  So wonderful, I LOVE handmade things like this.
 It found a home on a framed print I moved into the sewing room.  Just makes me happy seeing it there!
She also sent the most wonderful handmade soap from a friend of hers at Keeping it Simple Soap.  It smells so good, can't wait to use it!  Hmmm...I still have Sarah's address.  Might have to send another couple of snowmen up north!  






No comments: