Monday, December 2, 2013

Mealplan Monday #87 and some holiday organizing

 In the midst of prepping for Thanksgiving last week (is it reeeeaaalllly over?), I pulled down all of the Christmas decor to get a feel for what we have and what we need.
Currently, it all lives at the top of our master closet.  Someday, it will have a home all it's own. I've been good about not buying so much stuff each year, and rotating what we use.
I pulled out what I wanted to use, stored it in The Lounge, and made a very short list of things to buy.  I also made a tree skirt like the ones I'd been admiring on Etsy and Pinterest.  More on that later...
And here is is - neatly stacked and  ready for the day after Thanksgiving, when we visit the tree farm and put up two trees - one in the front room ( a real one), and one in the den (the vintage fake one).
Sugar was no help.  Moments before this pic was taken she had raced around the room, tried to eat a bit of trash from the floor, gagged on it, and vomited up all of the water she'd just drank.  Time to settle down, cat.
******
Monday - Smoked Roast Pork, loaded mashed potatoes, fresh veggie
Tuesday - Greek Chicken Pasta, salad
Wednesday -Freezer Meal - Sketti and a veg
Thursday - Turkey Pot Pie
Friday - Thai Chicken Crockpot, rice, peas
Saturday - Dad grill
Sunday - Taco Chili, chips, cheese
******
 The theme for the living room tree this year will be 'burlap and blue'.  Photos to come!
 I also, pulled out the "wrap station" and made a list of stuff to buy for that, too.  Mainly it was tape, tissue,  and ribbon.
And lastly, I hung some bags with the things I am accumulating for Christmas gifts - each bag is for a particular person or family and helps keep all those gifts together.  All my pre-Christmas-decorating-frenzy-organization was helpful in getting it all up quickly.  I'm still pooped after the weekend, but that could be because I am fighting a sinus infection...





No comments: