Monday, January 30, 2023

Monday Menus #5

My mother might be appalled if she saw this vintage enamel pot by my front door with pinecones in it.  She has it in her head that all of her enamelware must pass to me, so she's been giving it to me, bit by bit.  And I'm sure she didn't mean for me to place it by my front door, and yet here it sits.** 
Its so cute, and I do love pinecones!

Monday - Roast Chicken Thighs, El Dorado Rice (rice, green chilies, corn, cilantro, green onion) {taking my car to get repairs done}
Tuesday - Taco Salad {Happy Heavenly Birthday to Mark*, put a crockpot of pintos on overnight}
Wednesday - (freezer) Spaghetti, sauteed spinach {portion and freeze the pintos}
Thursday - Tilapia, Frijoles Charritos, (pintos, bacon, jalapenos, onion, tomato),  maybe some skillet potatoes 
Friday - Crockpot Mini Roast, mashed potatoes for one, green beans
Saturday - Kitchen closed! Visit my mother.
Sunday - Dinner with The Girl? If so, I'll make One Pot Chicken Alfredo with broccoli and some garlic toast


Gina

*How did I make it to the end of January 2023?  Had you asked me, in 2021, what life would look like now, I'm not even sure I could have pictured it.
**Here is what is in that pot now...

1 comment:

Allyson @ Southern Sunflowers said...

Wow, you are so organized planning your meals for the week. I can only manage to pull something together an hour prior to the meal ~ lol.