Monday, April 1, 2024

Monday menus #65

 One of the treasures that I brought home from Mother's house was a boxed of saved recipes, many of them in her handwriting.  In there were also several I had sent her, in my own handwriting.  Swapping recipes was something I loved to do, both with my mother and with my late MIL.
My mother and I both were a fan of eggplant, so in her honor, I am adding it to this weeks' menu.  My mother was a good cook - very creative and frugal.  She also loved fried okra, pecans in anything, roast pork, and a good lemon pie - I think of her every time I eat something she loved.

Monday - kitchen closed
Tuesday - Asian Peanut Butter Pork*, rice, broccoli {take Easter decor down}
Wednesday - Eggplant Casserole, salad {get some pre-house painting prep done on patio}
Thursday - Crock Pot Pork Ribs, orange baked sweet potatoes {payday, do bills, lunch out}
Friday - Chicken and Peppers, baked potato, corn
Saturday and Sunday - kitchen closed {outside repairs by painter in advance of painting}

*I put this together last week, then left the house without turning the crockpot on, so here's hoping I'll remember this time!


Gina

2 comments:

Kim said...

I have my mom's recipes, too. There's something comforting about seeing her handwriting...

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Not only did I inherit my mother’s recipes, but I inherited my grandmother‘s recipe book, as well as a longtime family friend’s recipes. What I found charming about all three of these cookbooks was that each one held a recipe from me written in my own handwriting. I remember that, when she babysat me at her house, my grandmother used to keep me busy copying recipes out of magazines, and I saw my very young loopy handwriting on one of the cards in her recipe book. I think these are real treasures. Whether or not my sons or grandchildren will think so is anybody’s guess. I love that you are enjoying yours.