Friday, April 19, 2024

5 thing Friday - keychain, dinner, patio, welcome home, chores, shrubs

It has been a long week. 
On Monday as I was leaving work, I noticed that the silver star was missing from my keychain medallion. As this is a highly sentimental piece I was aggrieved.  Until I found the star face down on the sidewalk out front.
Its being sent off to Kerrville for repair.  I believe this particular one is retired, and the last 6 years of our married life together were some of the best.  So I happily paid the $20 to make it happen.
To entice people to come sit and eat dinner with me, I've taken to texting them a photo of my plate of food - chow call!  Tonight it was Buttermilk Baked Chicken, gorgonzola gnocci, and fresh green beans.  Tho I have perhaps bit off more than I can chew this week, I have still made dinnertime a priority.
Today will be spent power washing the patio and putting the furniture back.  Everything got a clean, including Mr. Sun, the furniture, the deck...the grass got cut and the red rocks cleaned out.
And I hung this cowbell that Mom brought home from her travels.
All of the repairs and painting are DONE.
Here it is, pre clean-up
I am pleased with my home.  I am also pleased with myself for taking care of it so well, knowing when to get things done, and taking care of the details.  It is a welcoming sanctuary for me.
I'm super happy about choosing these shrubs a few years ago (2021) after working on reviving this area since 2018.  They attract bees and butterflies and the blossoms smell heavenly.  I am very happy to sit here and watch nature and enjoy their perfume.
Did you know that if you cut a very thin slice of raspberry cheesecake with ganache topping, it does not count towards your daily calories?  'Tis true.


Gina

4 comments:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I really admire you for all that you have gotten done, and how well you have been able to maintain your home.

I think your keychain repair was well worth the $20. That is such a lovely keepsake. Speaking of keepsakes, I love that cowbell! I would love to have something like that.

Joanne said...

Your dinner looks delicious; and I love your philosophy on cheesecake (it's one I subscribe to as well). Your home looks lovely.

Kim said...

Finding your star was meant to be! I'm glad it caught your attention and it'll be back in your keychain soon. Love the bushes around the front door. The colors are so vibrant and welcoming against the red brick...my favorite!

wolfek said...

Your home is beautiful!