Monday, April 8, 2024

Monday menus #66

 The green lion planter with a past*...
And since he doesn't let plants thrive in him, he gets a candle.

Monday - Eclipse Day!  Slow Cooker Pot Roast, mashed potatoes, carrots {PTO day, figure out what to plant in the empty landscape area out front}
Tuesday - Fruited Chicken Salad on toast {pull the rest of the attic stuff down?}
Wednesday - Turkey Pesto Meatballs, pasta, green beans, (freezer) Cheesy Crescents {go through the camera equipment}
Thursday - Quick Cassoulet, garlic toast {set out bulky trash for pick up, house painting to begin}
Friday - Shredded Pork Tacos, pico, cheese, sour cream
Saturday and Sunday - kitchen closed (leftovers!)


Gina

*years ago, my mother brought him to my house for me to take care of some plant she had in him while she was off roaming the world, but eventually the plant died.  So I cleaned him up, added felt to his underside, and put a silk plant in him.  Every time she visited she'd say "Oh! there's my lion! I miss my lion".  I would say, do you want him back? And she would say no, in a wistful sort of way.  After a few times of this happening, I repotted a sweet plant in him and brought him to her house, where she promptly let the plant die.  So prior to right now, he's been sitting in a window with dirt and dead plant remains.  And maybe its weird that he has a candle, but I haven't yet figured out what to do with him.

2 comments:

My Tireless Retirement said...

My black thumb continues to be my struggle. Your meals sound wonderful Gina. Enjoy your week. :)

Joni said...

I might have to integrate your menu into next week's menu. Yummers.
The lion looks so much better with a candle instead of dry dirt and dead plant remains...In my house, being that he is long and stable, I would turn him into a regal velvet pin cushion for my big iron station in the sewing room. I turned a glass squirrel into a pincushion that sits next to my machine...you know...oh look...another project...squirrel!
Have a wonderful week!