Monday, February 26, 2024

Monday menus #59

One day last week, I was on my way to the thrift shop with donations midday and thought "I'll just grab a lunch at the local food truck park".  Its close to home, the weather was perfect, yada yada. 
But crimony its expensive to eat out!  One chicken wrap with no sides or drink was $12.50.  Now granted, it was fresh and delish.  But why is food so expensive now?  Used to be that we blamed the pandemic, but I don't think we can use that as an excuse now.  I may have to rethink the whole eating out thing, much as I love supporting local small business in the form of food trucks.

Monday - kitchen closed, but I have three freezer meals of Cowboy Chicken with Rice
Tuesday - Mole Chicken Thighs, skillet potatoes, calabaza squash {morning tax office appointment for the Baja, work 8:30pm-1:30 am}
Wednesday - (crockpot) Pulled Pork on buns, coleslaw {PCP appt at 730 am}
Thursday - Pinto Beans and Black Pepper and Paprika Sausage with onions and peppers, corn muffins
Friday - Chicken and Cream Cheese Tamales, chopped salad {Happy Birthday Mom - send $ to senior citizen center in Brenham in her honor, pay house note, lunch out}
Saturday and Sunday - kitchen closed


Gina

1 comment:

Lisa B said...

Gina,
I "treated" myself to an end of the week meal last week. I chose 5 Guys and everyone says the burgers are great. $23.00 and some change for a burger, fries and drink! Although the food was very good it was a "one and done" for me. I agree about the pandemic being blamed for everything. Move on people and admit you are gouging us.