Monday, February 12, 2024

Monday menus #57

For Spring, I am looking forward to freshening up my bedroom.  After cleaning Mark's dresser out, I decided to change up the look of my room.  I haven't had a set of pretty pink sheets in years.  For about 5 years after I married, I worked at Laura Ashley Shop.  One year I won a sales contest and received a full set of sheets as a prize.  I loved them for many years, but I don't think Mark was a fan, because they were pink striped and the pillowcases had a beautiful cabbage rose print.  
I purged a couple of extra sheet sets in my linen closet that I don't find particularly feminine or pretty. (they are ugly)  Used to be you had to order directly from Laura Ashley or purchase in the shops, but nowadays you can get these on the Home Depot website.  Who'd have thought?

Monday - kitchen closed, but I have freezer items the boys can eat
Tuesday - Cowboy Chicken over rice, zucchini
Wednesday - Sloppy Joes on Hawaiian buns, chips/pickles/onions, kale salad {and maybe a Valentine treat for all of us!}
Thursday - Beef Tips with onion and mushroom gravy, rice? potatoes?, kale salad {respirator fit testing at work}
Friday - Teriyaki Tilapia with stir fry veggies {trim the shrubs}
Saturday and Sunday - kitchen closed, but we will have leftovers


Gina

1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

One of the advantages to living alone is that you do get to choose beautiful bedding. I know husbands aren’t particular fans of sheets that are particularly girly, but we girls love them, don’t we?