Friday, February 9, 2024

5 thing Friday - beer, Ebay, wrapping supplies, dinner, thrifting

One day last week, I stopped into The Burnet Go-To for old time's sake. Why not reclaim this place for myself?  The 512 Pecan Porter was delightful.  I might need to go back there today.  So much for resolutions.
Previously it was known as the Growler Room.  Mark and I spent many an afternoon there, drinking a pint and playing cards.  The owner sold it, then applied for a job there.  Ha!
Its much lighter and brighter than this photo shows.  The barkeep was very friendly and the place was an oasis of calm during the day.  I shall be back.
I listed 14 things to sell after cleaning out my jewelry chest.  My tastes have changed and I want life to be a bit simpler.  Here are the listed items, waiting for their new home, packing supplies at the ready.  James Avery is a popular pick on Ebay.
I felt a little sad with each item listed.  Not because I wanted to hold on to them, as objects.  But because its one more step in a different direction, one more change, another reminder that life is different.  And I know that more jewelry does not make you happy, even if you love shiny things.
While I was digging around for padded envelopes I went through some Christmas bows and bags to cull through.  Will anything in this house escape my purging and organizing?  No.
This is not a healthy dinner.
But I'm not about to throw food away that I have already purchased, so its going to get cooked and enjoyed!  This was a hamburger "steak" with onions and poblanos, seasoned pintos on the side.  Pass the ketchup.
A little treasure, this switch cover found at Goodwill as I was looking for books.
I found said books, along with the cover and a new Tervis with lid - total of $14.
These no-sweat tumblers are perfect - I use them mostly at work and on my nightstand. 
Its like a little mini painting in the bookcase!  Me like.
Happy Weekend!


Gina

2 comments:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Wow! It sounds like you have had a very productive week. That switch plate cover is adorable! What a find. It also looks like you got some great reading material as well.

Kim said...

Love that little light plate. What a fun find!!