Friday, September 16, 2022

The TGIF chronicles - making a plan

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I am not a fan of the Big City.  Remember, the plan was to build on and move to Highlands, out in Burnet County.  I was so looking forward to not sitting in traffic on 100 degree days at 5:30 p.m. on 183 trying to get home after a hard day at work.*


There may be many cons to working exclusively weekends in the future, but I feel as though there are just as many pros.  If I'm not going with the above-mentioned plan, I can make a new one that doesn't include sitting in traffic twice a day 5 days in a row.  I'm not sure why it has taken me over a year to figure it all out, but a lot of times I felt like I was moving through a fog and unable to decide.  I guess that's somewhat normal for grief.  Slowly the new plan is taking shape:

*work weekends only starting in February, transferring to the new hospital in April
*using the new found time to deal with several leftover matters regarding the estate
*sell Highlands
*work on repairs and maintenance at my house (so much to address)
*stay in my home at least until Bubbie graduates and gets his own place
*decide where I want to live and start looking for a smaller house
******
It feels both empowering and a terrifying at the same time!


Gina

*lately its been weeks in a row of "a hard day at work"

No comments: