Friday, October 1, 2021

5 thing Friday - fake plants, feet, herb garden, lunches, photos

The pretty orchid that I had pictured in a previous post... 
{was left at our front door by a work friend of Hubby}
...well it didn't like where it was placed I guess, and it bit the dust.  I don't have time to nurse exotic plants!  So I dug around in my stash and found some fake greenery to use in its pot.  Fake plants never let me down.
The spa treatment I did on my feet a couple of weeks ago made my feet peel and slough off dead skin.  That's delightful and all, but looks terrible while it is happening.  It also dissolved my nail polish, which tells you how potent it was.  So I've been soaking and pampering my peeling feet and gradually they are looking and feeling better.
The Girl's herb garden, which turns out is a favorite spot for Mr. Squirrel, hence the plastic owl.  I want to dress up this deck for fall and make it a sweet spot to sip my morning coffee, so I think the herb garden can't live here forever.
Yesterday was the last day the hospital fed us breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  It had lasted 2 months, which seems weird to me at this on-going stage in the pandemic.  But I guess hospitals are feeling the pinch with people reaching burnout and deciding to follow the money if they can get paid more somewhere else.  Because it boils down to 'you might as well get paid what you're worth in these uncertain times'.
I've been skipping the hot plate and opting for the salads.  I can bring a fruit and something else from home to round it all out.  Then I go park myself outside at a picnic table. I am usually very hungry by lunch time and ravenous by dinnertime.  I have stayed out of the gift shop at work and do not eat junk as much as possible, packing fruit or almonds for snack.  I feel so much better physically and have managed to keep a 10 pound weight loss.
The bright frame on the last shelf of the bookcase above is one of those electronic frames that plays a slideshow of photos.  It was on Hubby's desk at his office.  I added more photos from Scout and set it up in the den.  I may add more photos as it has a ton of storage, but here are some of the ones it cycles through:



This one was Hubby's favorite:
Hubby and Scout climbed Mount Baldy at Philmont when Scout was a teen.
I'm glad he had this experience with his dad, one he will remember forever.  And I'm glad I get to enjoy Scout's beautiful photography every day.
Happy October!


Gina

No comments: