Friday, October 8, 2021

Weekend plans

 It used to be that Hubby and I went to Highlands every weekend except the ones that I was on call.  That made him super grumpy, of course, because Highlands was his "Shangri La" - his term, not mine.  But weekends have changed now, of course, and I find that going to Highlands every third weekend or so suits me fine.  Sometimes it wasn't as restful as it should have been since we always seemed to have some project in the works.  And of course, that meant that things at Rustown were getting put on the back burner.
A delicious plate of lunch from a fav Greek spot last weekend

This weekend I have plans that include Highlands, but I also have a few other things I want to do.  Because I need to think about how I am going to move forward in all areas of life!  Saturday I will visit my mother, enjoy a nice lunch, pick up my groceries, and do my weekly chores around the house.  Sunday I will leave early morning, pick up breakfast tacos, and head to Highlands to read, stitch, and think.  Gone are the days of big projects out there, unless there is some sort of disaster.  And weekends actually feel less complicated now, which is not a terrible thing. Happy uncomplicated weekend to you, too!


Gina

1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Uncomplicated is wonderful! I think you will find, as time passes, that you will become your authentic self. The person who you really are. I think you are going to like that person a great deal. I hope your weekend is lovely.