Friday, October 15, 2021

5 thing Friday - parking, chia pudding, nails, Mother, tilapia

I am back to parking on the 6th floor of the parking garage at work.  There seems to be open spaces at 8:15 every morning and there's less hassle with driving 'round and 'round on one of the lower floors.
Plus, there's a nice view of the skyline.
The Girl has discovered chia seed pudding.  She makes it with coconut milk and tops it with chunks of fruit.  I drizzle mine with honey.  There's a strange texture to it, but its a guilt-free dessert, and I kind of love it.
Every time my nails do this - grow like crazy and look decent - they break the minute I notice.  This time around, they have stayed long and fairly strong for about 2 weeks.  I swipe a nail file across them every now and then to be sure there are no snags.  I attribute this to not doing as much housework.  Bonus: the house looks just fine, so why was I always cleaning it?
I took my mother on errands last Saturday and we visited the plant place.
Its sometimes hard to take her on errands because of the frank and unkind way she will interact with strangers.  A lot of them are good natured about it, but I worry that she will get herself into trouble with the things she says.  She's very opinionated and can be crotchety.  God bless the patient and kind people who can look beyond that, but I still walk behind her mouthing "sorry!" to folks.
Dinner for one, since The Girl was in Houston.  I cut up a potato and cooked it slightly in the microwave.  Then I browned it in the skillet with olive oil, adding bell pepper and onion.  When it was nearly done, I added in a seasoned tilapia filet and finished cooking it all together.  I have to say, it was better than take-out, which I was tempted to do originally.  Bon appetite!


Gina

No comments: