Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Can't we all just get along?

The neighbor was out in her driveway talking to The Girl tonight.  I happened upon them when I wondered why it was taking so long for her to come inside - turns out she was cleaning her car out of three 12 packs of soda, two water jugs (one is supposed to be for Scout to use at band camp), a pair of boots, and several pool towels.
The neighbor was mid-sentence but I caught it - "I'm just sick over you leaving!"  and The Girl's reply - "Mom isn't".  Hmmm.  OK, well this is after I spent about half my day doing all of her dirty laundry. Maybe my daughter needs a little perspective.  As for Hubby and me, we could use a little less attitude.  Though we are hoping that she will have a smooth time of it, we hope she will realize what "home sweet home" is all about.  Sometimes your parents do have your best interests at heart even though they are ready to push you out of the nest...
Probably this will happen as she is cleaning out her room or car at the end of the school year...




No comments: