Friday, August 20, 2010

Memo board redux

My girl made a cute memo board about a hundred years ago when she was in Brownies:
She picked a print of pink with silvery stars and silver ribbon to go with. She made her own fabric covered buttons, too.  I was very impressed with her craftiness!  However, it's time to upgrade her room to college girl, so the little girl memo board must go. ta ta.
I pulled the pink fabric off and used the fabric I found at IKEA over the quilt batting that was already there.  I also used the leftover ribbons from Olivia's memo board as it will all tie in to her room nicely!  Including the lavender shell buttons - so pretty!
I like the way it came out and I think she will, too!
It's all in the details, right?
Yes, I actually am trying to get the boys back to school and a million other things done, but sometimes these little projects help me get my creativity mojo back, and that helps me in many other ways!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it looks fantastic!