Thursday, August 5, 2010

BOOM!

That mushroom cloud you saw rising over my house was my sweet, compliant teenager
having a full-fledged meltdown, 
which has rarely happened in his almost 15 years.
Dehydrated + tired + hungry = ANGRY.
Stomping off to his room he happened to punch the laundry room door.  I didn't notice until this morning that it was dented in.  Try as I might to pry out the dented area, it wouldn't budge.  So, I used a little caulk and paint and did my best to repair it.  Then I went to Hob Lob to get some cute knobs.  
Here's the golden mushroom-y ones that were on :
And the new ones I chose:
Which are cute and colorful and somewhat coordinate with the inside of the laundry area, too.
After I painted, changed out the knobs, and vacuumed,  the hallway is once more in order. 
But you can still tell there was a boo-boo on the door;  it isn't perfect..  I'm sure when I show this to my son, he will be remorseful.  It's just stuff, tho, and much less valuable to me than my son. 
So each day I am talking to him about drinking water, eating right, getting rest. 
And he and I will have a heart to heart about healthy ways to vent.
 


1 comment:

Marie said...

That was a very calm response to an angry child....
Love the new knobs. Fun!