Friday, November 11, 2022

5 thing Friday - candy, pears, tree, snowflake, Rad Tech Week

I stopped by Walgreen's after Halloween to find me some movie snacks for the following weekend.
Score - $12 worth of treats for me and The Girl.  I will stash mine in my nightstand.  Do I need a bunch of candy? No.
I bought a bag of pears that have failed to really soften, so I've been chopping them into salads and cereal, and sauteeing them in butter to top my waffle french toast.  I am determined to eat them all.
I hated that you could see the tree stand  within the tree collar.
So I gathered a couple of blankets (for filler), added some pinecones on top, and did a disguise of sorts.  They are cinnamon pinecones so they are doing double duty by making the front room smell so good.
And also, I know I have already posed a pic of my tree, but one night as I was sitting looking at her (its a she tree), I thought "why does she look so cramped up?"  It was because over the years I had bent her branches upwards instead of outwards.  Outwards makes her look so much fluffier! I am looking forward to putting ornaments on, but I will wait until the day after Thanksgiving.
This year's Christmas ornament for The Girl's tree - a tradition I started when she got her first post-college apartment and her very own Christmas tree.  This one is by Amani ya Juu.  
Rad Tech week doesn't hit like it used to.  Its really more of an afterthought now, but I think thats more due to my manager...because its not like that everywhere.  I am so looking forward to:
*a boss who cares about teamwork 
*reliable and new equipment
*the excitement of a new place!
*New co-workers as well as old friends
And I have said it before, but having a shorter workweek and a quick commute is going to be GREAT!
Happy Weekend,


Gina

No comments: