Friday, November 4, 2022

5 thing Friday - Halloween, Dia display, Adelberts, moving furniture, Christmas tree

Facebook reminded me of this Halloween scene from 23 years ago: 
I think I've posted this pic once before...
Darth Maul (in charge of the trick-or-treating safety flashlight), a Ninja, The Devil, a worried baby, and Creepy Guy (a hunter? Camper? I can't remember now).  I sent this as a group text and it was interesting to read my peeps memories about it.  Your kids absorb so many more details about growing up than you realize. (I think next year I will decorate for it a little and invite them to come over and pass out candy with me...)
The Dia de los Muertos display at work.  Soon they will tear down our breakroom to expand the Cath Lab at our hospital.  So we will lose this big window that looks out over a green space.  We should be mourning that, too.  But for now, our breakroom is inspiring us to set up things like this and I love that.  We also had a Halloween potluck - lots of good food and fun for everyone.
On Halloween, after work, I went to Adelberts one last time and had a pint.
They are closed for good now - the second brewery in this area in less than a year.  A victim of Austin's expansive growth, developer greed, and change that never seems to let up.  Bye bye, fun neighborhood place that Mark and I enjoyed "sitting and playing cards and eating delicious trailer food with our beer" place.
 
I decided to move one of those black and white chairs out of the bedroom - goodbye makeshift chaise.  I ordered a cube-style footrest from Amazon and I will just read in here.  Also watch TV.  I ordered myself some new bedlinens, too.  I like how the window isn't blocked by chairs.  And don't think I'm not very tempted to buy a Christmas tree for in here - still mulling it.  
After all, a tree is just a giant potted plant until you trim it for Christmas, amiright?  By the way, I finally got one of those collars for the tree in the front room and I love it so much more than a fussy tree skirt.  And now, I will just let the Christmas tree quietly wait here while we wait for Thanksgiving - my favorite holiday!


Gina

1 comment:

Susan said...

Nice tree! I hate tree skirts, and that collar is nice. We don’t have a big Christmas tree - it was in bad shape and got tossed when we moved - but I’m going to get a little one from Whole Foods or TJs. Have a great Thanksgiving!