Monday, November 14, 2022

Empty Nest menu #145

 A couple of weeks ago, I bought more fried chicken to shred for meals, then made overnight stock with the bones and skin.  Already seasoned, because the chicken was perfectly salted and such, but I added a carrot or two and a chopped onion.  I think it cooked a total of 16 hours.  Look at it!
Its all tucked away in the freezer, waiting for me to use it.  I also bought the turkey, everything for the dressing, and the cranberries and oranges to make sauce.
Let's get to holiday-ing.

Monday - Chinese Chicken Stir Fry, pot stickers
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday Nacho Bowl (taco meat, black beans, corn, salsa, avocado, cheese, chips)
Wednesday - Shrimp Caesar Salad
Thursday - Corn Chowder with bacon*, garlic toast
Friday - Chicken Schnitzel, cabbage and apple slaw
Saturday - TBD item from my freezer or fridge {clean it out, wipe it down, get ready for Thanksgiving, get the truck inspected, clean up the patio}
Sunday - Dinner out with a friend {make cranberry sauce and dressing, thaw the turkey}


Gina

*actually I'm using salt pork as the original recipe calls for, cooked down slowly, and chopped into bits for the soup.

1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I always admire you for planning ahead. That Nacho Bowl sounds yummy!