Friday, April 16, 2021

5 thing Friday - work, The Girl, a brewstillery, roses, salmon

I've been pretty careless about posting here on my regular schedule.  I go through these days where everything blurs together and the weeks zoom by.  Between work and chores/cooking, there's only a small amount of down time, and for that I read with my feet propped up.  But I am working on it.
Work isn't any better than it had ever been in the last couple of years, but I am keeping my head down and planning for retirement AS WE SPEAK.
The Girl visited us last weekend and we took her to a couple of places to let Teddy roam free and us enjoy some time to catch up. {the other place was this pizza joint which was OK, not great}
I know this place looks pretty desolate - we were the only ones there - but they had an amazing vanilla porter and since they are also a distillery, we took home some of their rum.  We may go back and explore it further, since I think it would make a great article for Texas Wine Lover.
The weather was perfect.  As we were closing out at the bar inside, we chatted with some very friendly people who looked about our age.  Lately it feels like folks just want to get back to life and make connections.  I really have missed that about going to wineries and breweries - socializing!
A lot of shrubs and trees here have take a major hit, but check out these roses at the hospital.  Their color almost looks fake, its so vibrant.  They are blooming like crazy all over the place.  I don't ever want to plant roses, but I can admire these as I sit outside to eat my lunch.
Another photo of salmon!
Sometimes I surround it with veggies , season it up, and have Hubby pop it into the oven come dinnertime.  This version has pan-blanched broccoli and frozen, seasoned small potatoes that will thaw in the dish until time to cook.  It all got a sprinkling of Italian season, salt, pepper, and some olive oil.  And I think we are on the right track as we have both lost a teeny bit of weight.  But its like I always tell my patients in xray: slow and steady wins the race.
Happy Weekend!

Gina

No comments: