Friday, April 2, 2021

5 thing Friday - eating out, a diet-y meal, Easter table, lantana, Asian Lettuce Wraps

I think I have decided that one of our favorite restaurants (in the past) is a colossal pain in the patoot.  Its loud, dicey, and the quality food does not justify the hour wait time.
I'm not one for A. sports bars, nor B. crowds.  I mean I can get fried catfish at Short Stop, ok?
But. This. Tree. At. This. Place.
This glorious gigantic oak outside of a fantastic pizza place with NO wait, cold and tasty beer, and lots of outdoor space to spread out.  Now you're talking my language.  There was even a side door leading into a Baskin-Robbins from the shaded picnic area.  Boom.  New favorite place.
Diet plate #1000.  Grilled chicken breast and fresh broccoli.  It was actually good.  And pssst...I have lost a small amount of weight.  Slow and steady wins the race.
It turns out that The Girl and Teddy will not be joining us this weekend, which makes me all kinds of sad.  But kids grow up, get big corporate jobs, and rule the world.  At least she did.  No firm answer yet from Scout and Dutch.  Firstborn and LA will be here, as will Bubbie, and possibly his girlfriend, Delilah.  Regardless, please gaze upon my ultra fancy place settings on a tablecloth my mother bought in Greece, with plates we got for wedding gifts, wine glasses from Dollar Tree, the Cannary silver flatware, and chocolate bunnies.  I got a three day weekend and I am NOT stressing this. 
I spent about an hour on the lantana bed before work one day this week.
It will look like this mid-June, possibly sooner:
Lantana is a beast.
I don't think I ever posted a recipe for these Asian lettuce wraps we love.  Its basically ground chicken, green onions, garlic, fresh ginger, hoisin sauce, sriracha, and water chestnuts.  It is sweet-hot and cool and crisp and very very good with wine on a random weeknight.
Ask me how I know.


Gina

No comments: