Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Weekend re-cap: Empty Nest Halloween, 12 Fox, Rising Sun

It was a very different Halloween {Scout's birthday}.
Much to Hubby's disgust, I wanted to stay a little closer to Rustown this past weekend.  I had a list of all the things I want to do around the house, including: cutting out a jumper pattern to sew, taking a birthday gift to Scout, making homemade cranberry sauce, ordering some stuff from Kohl's, giving myself a pedi...But around lunchtime we decided to head over to 12 Fox in Dripping Springs for lunch and a couple of beers.
The crispy pork tenderloin tacos (schnitzel!!) were the bomb.  We might also have eaten a warm cheese-topped soft pretzel too quickly for me to snap a pic of it.
And their pumpkin dark beer was so good.  The weather was perfect and the place was busy but quiet and just an all-around pleasant place to be!
We only stayed a couple of hours and we made a note to come back soon as there are two new-ish breweries along this same road in Dripping Springs that we want to try.  We enjoyed a firepit and a bottle of wine at Rustown, then watched Nightmare Before Christmas.  What a weird Halloween.  I'm hoping it will be different (in a good way) next year!
The next day I worked on a few putsey things around the house.  I am deep into holiday planning!  I want to have Christmas gifts purchased and made and wrapped by the end of November. I want to have time to make some treats from my kitchen, light some scented candles, listen to music, and RELAX.  
THAT IS MY PLAN.
Early afternoon we headed over to Rising Sun Vineyards in McDade.
The weather was just as perfect as the day before.  We enjoyed their first estate wine - a sparkling rose -  and Hubby bought a couple of cigars to enjoy.  They had live music, wood-fired pizza, and are generally the friendliest people ever - they remembered me from writing an article about them for the Texas Wine Lover website and we chatted them up for a bit.  We will definitely return later in the fall.  On the way home we bought half-price Halloween candy (for Christmas!) and a mum to pot by the door.  Then I fixed dinner and POOF the weekend disappeared like it always does.  But this coming weekend we will leave for Highlands on Friday and hopefully it won't be full of to-do lists and chores - just relaxing.  With probably some wine...


Gina

No comments: