Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Weekend re-cap: Camp Rustown, The Girl and Bubbie, 7 Creeks, Suds Monkey, 12 Fox

 A rare weekend at home!  I had many things to cross off my to do list, starting with ripping out the salvia in the front beds and planting new hawthorn shrubs.  I think that over time, they will fill the space in a more attractive way and require less maintenance.

I left the varigated lariope but I moved the stepping stones, mulched it all, and watered it well.  I'm not talented at landscaping - I just do my trial and error thing.  {At Highlands I will NOT be doing this.  We will enjoy the rugged landscape of nature with all of its cacti!}
The Girl and Teddy were visiting, so we took a ride over to 7 Creeks Vineyard.  They were releasing a bubbly Rose and having live music - we're in.
Along the way we picked up chicken strips, because we are classy like that.  As you can see, Ted was getting his fair share of bites.
It was HOT but we were under shade and the music and company were fun!


Bubbie came home for the weekend, too!  
These two...
Then we headed home to grill burgers and hang out.
On Sunday I made a frittata and some muffins for breakfast, and we pretty much just puttered around the house until The Girl and Bubbie headed back to their respective apartments.  Then we drove to Dripping Springs for the afternoon to eat pizza and drink some beer!
{Courtesy of a groupon from one of Hubby's co-workers!}  It was wonderful - I highly recommend this place!  We had a plain cheese pizza, garlic knots, and a spicy sweet pizza that featured coppa, red pepper flakes, jalapenos, basil, and honey.  SO GOOD.
There were just a few folks, scattered around at tables, or coming for beer then leaving.  Its so pretty out here, so relaxing.  We didn't want the weekend to end just yet...
But it was time to head home with our leftover pizza!  This coming weekend, we finish the barn project at Highlands (hopefully) and maybe visit a favorite winery.  And we are already halfway there - Happy Hump Day! 


Gina

No comments: