Friday, August 14, 2020

A little break from Summer

I feel like its time to decorate for Fall.  I pulled out the pretty PB owl pillow from last year, intending to stuff it with some extra pillow fill and set it out, but there was the issue of the weird flange around it. 
Here's what it looks like after I did a little "editing" to it.  It had unfinished (raw) edges which made it look like someone just gave up on sewing it and called it done.
Why, Pottery Barn?
I thought I could just turn it under a couple of times and sew it, so I pinned and pressed it to check...
Yep.  That will work.
A few minutes later I had a much neater edging!
Looks like it was meant to be this way!
I love the Fall colors in here - I never did really "brighten" it up for Summer.  (Maybe next year - this one feels like a wash...)  I wanted to add a rug and a neutral color throw.  Maybe new pillows.  Never did.
I also pulled this tray out of storage and added some greenery, some amber glass, a candle, a couple of twine-wrapped balls, and that sweet framed photo from my desk - all things I already had.  The table top needs to be refinished and was looking so plain - now it makes me smile to see this little break from Summer.  Its strange that Summer felt so bleak.  I am mentally ready to leave it behind!


Gina

No comments: