Friday, February 21, 2020

Spring painting plans

I've got some time off from work planned and I have plans to PAINT!
Around the holidays it started really bugging me that some of the corners of the walls were dinged and grubby-looking.  Its been years since I have touched them up and by now, the paint that I have left for that is probably not useable.
The builder painted all of the walls a French Vanilla color which I have never loved, especially against the white trim.  So there are accent walls in the house here and there, and all of the bedrooms were painted.  But I never tackled changing up all of the vanilla.
If I have to touch up walls, I may as well give them all a fresh coat of paint - something lighter and brighter!  I'm thinking a creamy white, nothing stark. I know there are as many colors of white as anything else, but I don't think it will be too difficult to pick one.  I need to get 'er done so I'm not going to overthink it.  Plus, I have plenty of supplies and such - just need the paint.
 I also plan to move artwork and such around, and maybe touch up the trim around doors and carpets.  They are fairly dinged up, too - from years of kids and the vacuum cleaner banging around.
Some of the yellow tinge comes from the light fixtures, but I can only afford to work on one project at a time and for now its paint.  {plus, bulbs are easily changed out} The Girl will be home to fetch Teddy next weekend and spend a few days R&R, and she has offered to help.  But truly, just having her keep me company will be plenty help.  I so need a break from work and I want to spiff up the house for Spring.
What about you?  Got any plans for Spring spiffin'?


Gina

No comments: